Sunday, March 25, 2007

Joe and the hills (by Laura)

One of the things that has become abundantly clear to Joe and I since we've known each other, is that our taste in holidays is a little different.

Given a straight choice, Joe would head for the seaside and I would head for the hills. So a certain amount of flexibility is always needed in organising our trips.


One of Joe's regular complaints when we go anywhere is that I seem to march up the nearest hill for no apparent reason. When I climb one, I apparently just want to go and climb another. And he's never understood the need. We've fallen out many times over it.

So you can imagine my utter delight when, following a recent climb up the nearest peak in Wanaka, South Island, NZ, Joe momentarily let his guard down and said in rapture, "Awesome!! You get to see for miles up here!".

By God, I think he's got it ...


Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home