Saturday, February 17, 2007

Asian Fusion (by Joe)

It took me a while to get to grips, but I'm now really starting to develop a genuine appreciation of the magical subtleties of South East Asian cuisine.

My current favourite is a PAD HED. It brings together a base of seafood, chicken or pork (I prefer chicken), with mushroom, lemon-grass, garlic and onion, all held together by a gravy-type sauce, which invariably provides a genuine - yet palatable - hint of the local blended spices (see below):

I actually like it best with a large plate of mashed potato (see below):

Simply pour the aforementioned PAD HED smotheringly over the forked-out spud-mound ... 'et voila!' (see below):

Doubtless Giles Coren, The Times' food critic (and shameless, jumped-up exploiter of nepotism) would describe this as '... a legitimate, if charmingly straightforward, expression of Asian Fusion'.


... I call it right nice pie:


Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home