Monday, September 18, 2006

Three weeks to go! (by Joe)

At work on Monday. The days have been ticking off increasingly quickly over the past couple of weeks. Now only three weeks (to the day) till we fly to Delhi, the first stop on our 'big trip' ...

Laura and I got married in December last year (see left - Laura finding my brother's best man speech rather more amusing than she needed to). We thought up the trip as a sort of 'uber-honeymoon' and have been saving up for it since then. Its a great thing to do - but, frankly, pretty hair-raising to quit jobs, money and steady lifestyle to go off with no definite job (for me at least) to return to. But, having worked for the same (small-ish) advertising company in London for the past 7 years, its time to move on - a fresh chapter and all that - and going travelling is a great way to do it.

We successfully rented out our house a couple of months ago and have been staying with parents and friends to save up cash - we should have plenty, but the more the better, I suppose - a few extra pounds here or there could make a dramatic difference in terms of quality of life (and crapper) we are exposed to along the way. Moving in with others has been surprisingly good - a chance to catch up with people we 're unlikely to see for the next 10 months.

Planning for my work leaving party. Drinks and possibly onto Karaoke in Soho on October 5th (which would present a golden opportunity to bid farewell in style with a rendition of Frank Sinatra's 'My Way').

I'm looking forward to it - there'll be some extended goodbyes. I'll miss my work colleagues (or some of them at least!) but I know that, come what may, I'm unlikely to regret the trip ahead ...

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home