Friday, September 22, 2006

Handing over MY job (by Joe)

We appointed my replacement at work today. He’s a former Labour Party Comms/ Policy advisor and veteran of two general elections.

I’d been part of the recruitment/ interview process. There were several people who would have been very good, but he stood out. He’s got the skills, good experience and plenty of drive - he's the right choice.

Recruiting was good. Quality of applicants confirmed (to myself) I’ve been doing a pretty serious job, and the whole process was useful in clarifying the skills I've developed to do it (you forget these things as you get caught into the day-to-day of it all).

I wish him well and am sure he’ll bring plenty to it - in fact I reckon he'll do very well.

I've been consolidating my contacts before I go. Have been going for drinks with quite a few people after work and getting some good references/ testimonials - all makes sense for when I get back.

Genuinely pleased we've found a good replacement, but it does feel strange to think of handing it all over (someone else sitting at MY desk/ working with MY colleagues/ using MY computer/ talking with MY contacts/ doing MY job - BAH!)

Joe

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds rubbish

4:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home